Google Forms Successful Output

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

SECTION 3's Discord Server was able to test the tried true solution to bringing forms to the Discord. 

It's definitely possible to do it with the forms on the website, just need a more advanced designer to help. I'll be including the how- I did this below. 

THIS IS THE FORM

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdK8ltIJxPKne2MI6AeggIxQHEpjELHLr_XsUeDiCwUWApsiA/viewform?usp=sf_link ]

THIS IS THE CODE 

// Please enter your webhooks below, inside the quotations, you can have multiple, as long as you format like this: "LINK_1", "LINK_2", "LINK_3"
const webhooks = ["https://discord.com/api/webhooks/801063709865672734/_"];

// This defines the variables, of which can be filled out; these are completely optional.

// Title can either be what you enter below, but if you leave blank, the script will fill it with the form title.
// Avatar Image is the tiny thumbnail you see on embeds, this is great for a logo.
// Short Description is great if you wish to add a tiny bit of information.
// Colour allows you to enter a custom hex color, if left blank, a colour will be randomly chosen each time.
// Mention is great if you want to be alerted, or you want a certain role alerted. Mention either the user/role in Discord with a \ at the beginning to the formatting.
// Type is a new required variable, state either "EMBED" or "TEXT" - the default is embed.

const title = "", avatarImage = "", shortDescription = "", colour = "", mention = "", type = "";

// Bonus features 
// You can turn these ON or OFF, defaults to the values entered below.

const bonusFeatures = {
    convert2Link: 'ON', // Links in embeds will be clickable | Text links won't embed.
    convert2Mention: 'ON' // Checks if there's a Discord ID, and converts it into a mention.
}

// This defines and fetches the current form, all the responses from the form, the latest response received, and the items from the Q&A's from the latest res.
// Items is set up to store the Q&A's.
const form = FormApp.getActiveForm(), allResponses = form.getResponses(), latestResponse = allResponses[allResponses.length - 1];
let response;
var items = [];

// Checks if there's a response, if not - throw error.
try {
    response = latestResponse.getItemResponses()
} catch (error) {
    throw "No Responses found in your form."
}

// Just a safe check to make sure you've entered a webhook.
for (const hook of webhooks) {
    if (!/^(?:https?:\/\/)?(?:www\.)?(?:(?:canary|ptb)\.)?discord(?:app)?\.com\/api\/webhooks\/\d+\/[\w-+]+$/i.test(hook)) throw `Webhook ${i + 1 || 1} is not valid.`;
}

// An extra check as people have been having issues.
if (avatarImage && !/\.(jpeg|jpg|gif|png)$/.test(avatarImage)) throw "Image URL is not a direct link";

// This loops through our latest response and fetches the Question titles/answers; then stores them in the items array above.
for (var i = 0; i < response.length; i++) {
    const question = response[i].getItem().getTitle(), answer = response[i].getResponse();
    if (answer == "") continue;
    items.push({ "name": question, "value": answer });

function data(item) {
        const linkValidate = /(?:(?:https?|http?):\/\/)(?:\([-A-Z0-9+&@#\/%=~_|$?!:,.]*\)|[-A-Z0-9+&@#\/%=~_|$?!:,.])*(?:\([-A-Z0-9+&@#\/%=~_|$?!:,.]*\)|[A-Z0-9+&@#\/%=~_|$])/i;

// Checks if there's an ID, if there is, convert into a mention.
        if (bonusFeatures.convert2Mention == 'ON' && !isNaN(item.value) && item.value.length == 18) item.value = `<@!${item.value}>`;

// Checks if type is text, or default to embed.
        if (bonusFeatures.convert2Link == 'ON' && type.toLowerCase() !== 'text') {
            // Validates the link, if it's true, make it a hyperlink for embed.
            if (linkValidate.test(item.value)) item.value = `[${item.value}](${item.value})`;
        } else {
            // Validates the link, if it's true, make it not-embed for text.
            if (bonusFeatures.convert2Link == 'ON' && linkValidate.test(item.value)) item.value = `<${item.value}>`;
        }

return [`**${item.name}**`, `${item.value}`].join("\n");
    }
}

if (items.map(data).toString().length + shortDescription.length > 1999) throw "Discord limit reached. Please add limits to your questions!";

function plainText(e) {

// A webhook construct, which sets up the correct formatting for sending to Discord.
    const text = {
        "method": "post",
        "headers": { "Content-Type": "application/json" },
        "muteHttpExceptions": true,
        "payload": JSON.stringify({
            "content": `${mention ? mention : ''}${title ? `**${title}**` : `**${form.getTitle()}**`}\n\n${shortDescription ? `${shortDescription}\n\n${items.map(data).join('\n\n')}` : items.map(data).join('\n\n')}`
        }),
    };

// We now loop through our webhooks and send them one by one to the respectful channels.
    for (var i = 0; i < webhooks.length; i++) { UrlFetchApp.fetch(webhooks[i], text); };
}

function embedText(e) {

// A webhook embed construct, which sets up the correct formatting for sending to Discord.
    const embed = {
        "method": "post",
        "headers": { "Content-Type": "application/json" },
        "muteHttpExceptions": true,
        "payload": JSON.stringify({
            "content": mention ? mention : '',
            "embeds": [{
                "title": title ? title : form.getTitle(), // Either the set title or the forms title.
                "description": shortDescription ? `${shortDescription}\n\n${items.map(data).join('\n\n')}` : items.map(data).join('\n\n'), // Either the desc or just the res.
                "thumbnail": { url: avatarImage ? encodeURI(avatarImage) : null }, // The tiny image in the right of the embed
                "color": colour ? parseInt(colour.substr(1), 16) : Math.floor(Math.random() * 16777215), // Either the set colour or random.
                "timestamp": new Date().toISOString() // Today's date.
            }]
        }),
    };

// We now loop through our webhooks and send them one by one to the respectful channels.
    for (var i = 0; i < webhooks.length; i++) { UrlFetchApp.fetch(webhooks[i], embed); };
}

I have removed the syntax highlighting but this is in HTML, most everyone should be able to read this by now. If not its a good place to begin with this form. 

THIS IS THE OUTCOME

image.thumb.png.2b915eaed9319947aea181b26ae7bc44.png

image.thumb.png.054cbbb2e4d465dfc0cfb466d756ff10.png

I could've edited the green color out and I do for the later ones the pictures are just of the first ones. This report can work for pretty much anything, I don't think this will be too hard to do with our current forms again, lets just hope its not for a steep price.