NLD: Halo Waypoint Forums bites the dust!

Next Level Design

Candidate

Candidate

• [P] TEST ACCOUNT
[ https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/sunsetting-waypoint-forums/566065 ] Ske7ch over on Halo Waypoint announced that they are sunsetting their forums in favor of Discord and other social media platforms. From what I know Discourse, the forum software behind Waypoint at minimum costed 343i north of $500/m and that is just its enterprise speculation, it could have easily been more than $1k a month with the legacy data migration to it but I digress. This comes at a time calling for forums survivability, Waypoint forums were up from 2011-2012 to now, Discord including a forum option free and Reddit and Twitter already driving traffic away begs the question if we will more forums bite the dust. In Waypoint's exit, I've offered others to look to NLD as another Halo forum to talk Halo I hope we'll see some wins in this as it becomes an opportunity of ownership in the community forum of Halo if the stewards delete there own forums. What are some thoughts on Waypoint forums end? Did you use Waypoint at all?

View the full topic.