Remake of Halo CE for PlayStation

ADM S Osman

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

The Verge: Microsoft in early stages of working on a remaster of Halo: Combat Evolved and is considering it on PlayStation 5!

The source is Senior Editor Toms Warren with Verge, in likely a private anonymous tip.

I have wanted a "remake" of the original trilogy for some time now, and I really hope it's actually a remake and not a remaster. Kind of like what they did for Resident Evil, which was really good.

Basically you keep the same core but add more sandbox elements and more missions. Same for the story they can change it a bit as long as it still fits the canon universe (like we could get a level where chief escapes the Anodyne spirit at the start of Halo 3 that is not a 1:1 of the comic for game play purposes). Then you can also remake boring levels like the Library or Cortana into more interesting ones from a game design point of view.

Imagine how much more immersive two betrayals would feel with larger battles, more vehicles, more enemy types etc.

A remake would possibly add the perspectives of Jenkin's as a playable experience, Fireteam Raven easter eggs and even expand on the Flood adding more Flood levels and types. I imagine a remake of Halo 2 would also break the internet.