10/2024 Site Downtime

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Hey ONI, 

I have so much I want to do in this community and so little time in my personal life to manage and divest into this that, like last month, I ran into a financial problem funding this out of pocket. As many could read, or lack thereof. The forums are a little dead, we have maybe 8 people who visit and participate in conversations a month and that is on our best month in the last 12 months. Growth is trending down as we just have not been able to develop key features that would have helped this site find success in its niche. 

Because I am stubborn and I need to prove to people that this works, that ONI is around even after 20 years despite the many people who do not want its success or even functioning as-is and beyond. I will try to keep this up, bring more value to donators and members who believe in this but I want it to be known that I am not doing well enough to meet the financial demands of hosting this site and where its thankless job that I know and took responsibility for these outages are not guaranteed to happen again should my personal finances run into obstacles living internationally. 

As the world becomes more connected, it also becomes more defined. 

Where last month ONI's bank account was closed because my identity could not be verified in time, this months outage is caused by billing issues where my US based PayPal is no longer accepting Japanese based credit cards. Likely in a effort to combat laundering and other types of fraud PayPal has become more strict. 

I am still working on the best option to work with Invision Community and so that is where we are today! 

If you have any questions, or would like to support please consider subscribing to the site or buying something from the store. The gross profits go straight to hosting the site.