Xbox Elite V2

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Just picked one up, hard to play H5 with not used to the resistance on the sticks. First time with a paddle shifting controller. Anyone else got one? What's your experience with it? 

I'll be writing a real review later in this thread. 

• 2 months later...
Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM HEROIC MEMBER

1 hour ago, Shandykidinkent said:

Would you recommend an elite controller either version one or two, are there benefits to using an elite, as opposed to a standard controller?

- Shandy

It has much more customization than a standard one. Including being able to change joystick height and paddles on the back. You can set the paddles to be able to boost and jump at the same time with default controls without having to play claw. I don't have a V2 but I have a V1. I heard from a friend who bought one that it breaks easier and drift started in the joystick.

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM HEROIC MEMBER
On 2/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, Shawn4Japan said:

Just picked one up, hard to play H5 with not used to the resistance on the sticks. First time with a paddle shifting controller. Anyone else got one? What's your experience with it? 

I'll be writing a real review later in this thread. 

In what ways is the resistance different in the joysticks? Also is it heavier or lighter than the first Elite controller?

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
1 hour ago, Shandykidinkent said:

Would you recommend an elite controller either version one or two, are there benefits to using an elite, as opposed to a standard controller?

- Shandy

No I would actually not recommend an Elite controller for the price its less competitive and becomes more of a challenge to relearn the buttons. Many people will argue that having bumper guards on the bottom side of the controller is better for agility but I do not find myself using it too often or see pros use them often either. V2 is definitely better than V1 however in terms of longevity.

Small gimmicks like spring jumping and solutions to clawing your controller can be easily mapped to a more comfortable bumper pad but its not really worth $120 unless its habitually a problem every game you join to require jumping techniques.

11 minutes ago, ODST J Sechemet said:

In what ways is the resistance different in the joysticks? Also is it heavier or lighter than the first Elite controller?

The controller is heavier and its less resistant but barely noticeable editing deadzones/aiming sensitivity is far better than committing to the purchase in my opinion.

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM HEROIC MEMBER
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Shawn4Japan said:

Small gimmicks like spring jumping and solutions to clawing your controller can be easily mapped to a more comfortable bumper pad but its not really worth $120 unless its habitually a problem every game you join to require jumping techniques.

All ODSTs and SIIs are now required to have an Xbox Elite controller V2. lmao.

Edited by ODST J Sechemet